IWSG is a monthly bloghop hosted by
writer and blogger Alex Cavanaugh
where writers are encouraged to talk
about their insecurities.
I'm sitting here, trying to write this post and as usual I'm struggling. The clock is staring at me and I'm freaking out because I've waited until the last possible minute. The only thing saving me right now, is the time zone. Sheesh.
So here I am, again trying to think of a new insecurity to talk about when it hits me. *thump*
I don't need new insecurities!
I still have all these old ones that continue to kick my butt with gusto!
- Self-doubt? ✓
- Fear of disappointment? ✓
- Fear of being unoriginal? ✓
- Procrastinating with my edits? ✓
- Fear of never being published? ✓
- Loss of passion for my wip? ✓
- Setting unrealistic goals? ✓
- Fear of writing because I suck? ✓
- Fear of never finding my writing voice? ✓
- Fear everyone will hate my book? ✓
So you know what? I think I'm going to try working on the aforementioned list of insecurities OR, I can just ignore them for now, get off the internet, sit my butt down in front of my edits and start working. Because let's face it, my insecurities aren't going anywhere and I've lost my Squelching-Insecurity stick. Blast. However, I did set a goal to finish my edits before April and this is still possible, but I have to get on it ASAP.
Here's hoping March will be a productive month for me, for you, for everyone. I think it can be, we just need to do like James . . .