Wednesday 7 September 2016

Finished Not Perfect

I posted this on facebook a few days ago but I thought it'd be perfect for today's IWSG post. It's a short video focused more on art and drawing, but the underlying message can be applied to writing, heck to just about anything in life worth doing. If you want to succeed, you have to stick it out to the end, cross the finish line, complete your project. 

And here's the kicker... it doesn't have to be perfect. 

Let's repeat that again.... It doesn't have to be perfect. That part comes later. 

So, for those of you like me who stress over the imperfections to the point we never really get anywhere, here's a wet slap in the face. 

Finished, not Perfect. 

Enjoy and happy IWSG day!


15 comments:

  1. If it had to be perfect, no one would ever finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that! An excellent reminder as I contemplate doing NaNo again this year.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to point Ken this way. He was just asking about this same subject.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfection will never come due in just about anything, so have to keep on pushing through indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wise Elise ... well done ... and a perfect video for IWSG day .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd just be happy with finished right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should probably watch this...perfectionism is so demanding...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing will ever be perfect. The sooner we accept this the easier it will be. Luckily, I'm pretty lazy. Perfection is way too much effort.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen this! It's very cool and completely relevant for me. I need to just let go of needing to get the words right right from the start. That's not how it's supposed to be. You make it perfect after you've given birth, not during. What matters at first is finishing.

    Thanks for the reminder! I'll never not need it over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to remember this!!!
    Thanks for the reminder.
    Hope you're well, Elise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the video. Finishing is definitely more important.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish perfect were attainable. I'd go for it. But as a mere human with a pen and a cranky computer, I'm always falling short. Glad you pushed through and finished.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finishing is where you need to get. You can dream perfectly lately.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment!
Comments are the best. Well, the nice ones are. (:
I do my best to reply to everyone either via e-mail,
directly in the comment box or by leaving a comment
on your site. Chat with you soon!

Also, not interested in your spam. Really, I'm not interested.

J'écris, donc je suis (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...